Diabetes is a disorder which is related with large amount of sugar in the level of the blood. It strikes the metabolism of the body. The food which we eat is broken down into glucose for the purpose
of growth and energy. After digestion the excess glucose which is present in our body is used for the purpose of development by the cells. The hormone insulin is required by our body to move glucose
from blood into the cells. People suffering from diabetes have no production or very little production of insulin in their body. This condition is termed as diabetes.
Various causes of diabetes -
3. Diet with high carbohydrate
4. Deficiency of nutrition
5. Increase in cholesterol level
6. Genetics and hereditary factors
7. Deficiency of insulin
8. Insulin resistance
10. Doing no physical exercise
11. Excess intake of sugar and oil
12. High blood pressure
13. Worries and tension
14. Infections caused by viruses
There are several symptoms of diabetes -
Slow healing of injuries, frequently infected by various infections like vaginal, gum, skin or bladder infection, weakness or loss of strength, blurred vision, fatigue, unexplained weight loss,
extreme hunger, feeling of thirst increases and increased in frequency of urination.
It is tested that some chosen herbal remedies and also the dietary supplements may help in preventing diabetes as well as it also keeps the diabetes under control. The need for medication is
eliminated if any one strictly follows the correct life style, herbal remedies and also the diet supplements. It also protects the other tissue organ from damage which is caused due to uncontrolled
blood sugar levels.
Some of the common herbs which are very effective in the treatment of diabetes -
1. Bitter melon is very effective for the treatment of diabetes. It is a tropical vegetable usually known as balsam pear. It is used as a home remedy for diabetes. It has the quality of lowering the
level of blood sugar. The extract as well as the fresh juice of bitter melon is often used in the treatment of diabetes. It also contains insulin like polypeptide, polypeptide-p which helps in
lowering of the blood sugar level. Intake of 50-60 ml of juice if taken regularly shows good result. But it should not be taken in excess quantity otherwise it may cause diarrhea and abdominal
2. Onion and garlic too is having the property of lowering the blood sugar.
3. Fenugreek seeds are having anti diabetic properties. It contains nicotinic acid, coumarin and also alkaloid trigonelline which play an effective role in the treatment of diabetes.